Why Disney?

As I look around my house I have many reminders of why I have what some people would call an addiction to Disney. There are Mickey Mouse figurines, plushes and images on clothes along with the remaining Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto). Even our Christmas tree has ornaments from Disney and Pixar. For those of you who know me this shall come as no surprise. I even have tattoos of Donald, Mickey, Buzz and Woody along with my wife and I have a couples tattoo of Beauty and the Beast (I am the Beast...). The family has enjoyed Disney+ streaming services as we have watched movies, shows and specials of all the Disney entertainment family including Marvel, Star Wars, and the Muppets. So when my daughter approached me about doing a podcast, I took a sip out of my Donald Duck mug and said "hmmm, what would it be about?" in a joking manner, knowing darn well it was going to be Disney themed.

My "addiction" began at an early age with the movies and shows like The Wonderful World of Disney. I do have a vague memory of visiting Walt Disney World back in the early 1970s for a day with my folks. Since then I have visited WDW about ten other times from 1994, 2008, 2009, 2012-2017, and 2019 each time discovering something new to enjoy. But, we are not all about the parks. 

I mentioned before that the podcast will NOT be one filled with trip advice (there are multiple ones out there). It will be about our experiences from Main Street USA as well as the big and small screens. From what is on our playlists to what are on our bucket lists, Main Street Memories will be a father/daughter recollection of the trips to WDW and the Friday night camp-outs in the living room watching movies. We invite you along on our discussions meant to entertain. I hope you stay tuned as we prepare the first episode for sometime in December hopefully. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic is Still Alive!

Prepping for the Debut